|Course Title||ARC 2 Train the Trainers|
|Price||Contact us for pricing details|
|Duration||6 days (plus half days pre and post course)|
|Venue / Setting||TBC|
|Minimum number of participants||12 *|
|Level e.g. Awareness / Advanced||Advanced|
|Certificate e.g. Certificate of Achievement||Train the Trainer Certificate|
The course explores proactive behavioural support principles aligned to the BILD core competency framework. This programme prepares students to become trainers in the ARC model of personal protection and safe holding techniques designed for children and adults.
- To equip students with the necessary skills and underpinning knowledge to enable to deliver the ARC model of personal protection and safe holding techniques.
- The course teaches students the principles of classroom management in relation to teaching and assessing the ARC model.
- To allow the students to build confidence and competence in delivering the underpinning theoretical components in relation to using safe holding and personal protection techniques.
- Discuss roles and responsibilities of an ARC trainer
- Discuss the impact of safe holding in relation to children and adults with different needs, i.e. mental health, autism, learning disability and dementia.
- To deliver a presentation on a specific topic relevant to safe holding
- Demonstrate good underpinning knowledge with regard to the prevention and management of challenging behaviour.
- Demonstrate competency in practical techniques.
- Identify risks associated with using the various techniques with children and adults
Training Delivery Methods
- Individual work
- Group work
- Practical assessment
- Written assessment
- Classroom based assessment (post course)
- Short research presentation
Please contact us for further information and to discuss your training requirements.* We understand it may not be possible to release 12 learners in one session therefore we have other options that can be considered.